Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ and Kiren Rijiju Launch ‘Fit Hai to Hit Hai India’
- Union Human Resource Development Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ and Minister of Sports and Youth Affairs and Ministry of Minority Affairs Kiren Rijiju interacted with students here today under the Fit India campaign by the Government of India.
- Olympic medal winner badminton player Ms P.V Sindhu and Indian football team Captain Shri. Sunil Chhetri were also present at the launch of “Fit Hai To Hit Hai India” program organized under the Fit India campaign.
- During this live interaction, all the dignitaries held detailed talks on being fit and enumerated the importance of fitness.The Fit India Talks sessions are being organized in association with the Sports Authority of India and the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- Speaking on the occasion Shri Pokhriyal said that a lot of people have joined the Fit India campaign launched by the Government of India in a very short time. On the clarion call of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, people have undertook the fitness mission in their everyday life.
- The Minister informed that Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) also announced in April that it would launch a new series of fitness sessions for school going children in the Fit India Active Day program under this campaign. 13,868 schools affiliated to CBSE have participated in various Fit India programs and 11,682 schools have also received the Fit India flag.
About Sports Authority of India(SAI) –
- The Sports Authority of India is the apex national sports body of India, established in 1984 by the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports of Government of India for the development of sport in India.
- Founded – 25 January 1984
- Headquarters – Delhi
- Director General – Sandip Pradhan