‘My Life, My Yoga’ Video Blogging Contest Announced By PM Modi In His Mann Ki Baat
- Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi has launched a video blogging competition titled “My Life, My Yoga” inviting citizens to take part in it to promote the practice of yoga among the masses.
- The development comes as one of the Government’s activities to observe the sixth International Day of Yoga which is set to be celebrated on 21 June.
- The contest is a joint effort by the Union Ministry of AYUSH and the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR).
- The contest which had been announced by PM Modi in his monthly Man Ki Baat national address has already gone live on the Ministry of AYUSH’s website.
- As per a statement issued by the Ministry, the video blogging competition as an effort to promote the practice of Yoga comes as no mass gatherings would be possible this year in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In its first leg, the competition will consist of an international contest wherein the winners will be picked within a country. Thereafter, in the second leg, global prize winners will be chosen who will be selected from the winners from different nations.
- Entries can be sent in by participants under three categories covering the youth (less than 18-years of age), adults (more than 18-years of age) and yoga professionals further broken down separately for men and women.
About Ministry of AYUSH-
- The Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy is purposed with developing education, research and propagation of indigenous alternative medicine systems in India.
- The Ministry is headed by a Minister of State, which is currently held by Shripad Yesso Naik.
- Founded- 9 November 2014
- Headquarters– New Delhi
- Minister of State (MoS) – Shripad Yesso Naik
- The Indian Council for Cultural Relations, is an autonomous organisation of the Government of India, involved in India’s external cultural relations, through cultural exchange with other countries and their peoples.
- Founded – 9 April 1950
- Founder – Abul Kalam Azad
- Headquarters – New Delhi
- President – Vinay Sahasrabuddhe
- Director General – Akhilesh Mishra