Mohandas Pai to Chair IBBI Advisory Committee on Service Providers
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) has reconstituted its advisory committee on service providers and it would now be chaired by Manipal Global Education Services Chairman T V Mohandas Pai.
- The 12-member panel would advise and provide professional support on regulation and development of the service providers dealt with by the IBBI, according to an order.
- Bharti Infratel Chairman Akhil Gupta, Raksha Shakti University Director General Bimal N Patel, CSB Bank MD and CEO Chinna Veerappan Rajendran, former Sebi ED J Ranganayakulu, former Deloitte India Chairman P R Ramesh and Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs DG and CEO Sameer Sharma are among the members.
- IIM Calcutta Board of Governors Chairman Shrikrishna Kulkarni, ICSI Institute of Insolvency Professionals MD Binoy J Kattadiyil, former IIM Lucknow Dean and Professor Punam Sahgal, Tube Investments of India Managing Director Vellayan Subbiah Murugappa as well as a representative from the corporate affairs ministry are part of the panel.
- The service providers include insolvency professionals, insolvency professionals agencies, insolvency professional entities and information utilities.
- IBBI is a key institution in implementing the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code.
- The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India is the regulator for overseeing insolvency proceedings and entities like Insolvency Professional Agencies, Insolvency Professionals and Information Utilities in India.
- Founded – 1 October 2016
- Founder – Parliament of India
- Headquarters– New Delhi
- Chairperson– Dr. M.S Sahoo