Current Affairs 8 May 2020
Hello Aspirants, Here we provide the important and Latest Current Affairs Today 8 May 2020, which have Latest updates of Current Affairs 2020 from all the newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economics Times, PIB, Times of India, Business Standard, Financial Express, Indian Express and all other official Government websites.
If you want to get more marks in Banking, SSC, Insurance, Railways, UPSC, RPSC, UPPSC and other state exams then you should read Our Current Affairs May 2020 for secured your job in Government Sector. We also provide Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2020 PDF which will be helpful for you to crack the exams.
Top 15 Current Affairs of 8 May 2020
UP Public Health and Epidemic Disease Control Ordinance, 2020 passed by the Cabinet
- The Uttar Pradesh Public Health and Epidemic Disease Control Ordinance, 2020 has been cleared by the Cabinet headed by the UP CM, Yogi AdityaNath.
- It prescribes a maximum punishment of life term if “death be caused by intentional (COVID-19) affliction”.
- The ordinance will be sent to ……Click Here to Read More
- Uttar Pradesh’s CM– Yogi Adityanath
- Uttar Pradesh’s Governor– Anandiben Patel
- Uttar Pradesh’s Capital– Lucknow
Andhra Pradesh CM rolls out ‘CMAPP’ to monitor farming needs
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy launched a mobile app ‘CMAPP’ to monitor the agriculture needs of farmers.
- CAMPP stands for Comprehensive Monitoring of Agriculture, ……Click Here to Read More
- Andhra Pradesh’s Capital-Amaravati
- Andhra Pradesh’s Governor- Biswabhusan Harichandan
Health and AYUSH Ministers formally launch inter-disciplinary studies involving AYUSH interventions for COVID 19 situation
- Health Minister Sh. Harsh Vardhan and Minister of State for AYUSH Sh. Shripad Yesso Naik jointly launched clinical research studies on Ayurveda interventions as an add-on to standard care to COVID 19 situation.
ABOUT INTER-DISCIPLINARY AYUSH R&D TASK FORCE
- The Ayush Ministry has setup an Interdisciplinary Ayush R&D Task Force with a group of experts under the chairmanship of Dr Bhushan Patvardhan, Vice Chairman, University Grant Commission (UGC) to formulate and develop……Click Here to Read More
ABOUT MINISTRY OF AYUSH
- AYUSH stands for Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani,Siddha and Homoeopathy.
- It aims to develop education, research and propagation of indigenous alternative medicine systems in India.
JNCASR scientists fabricate energy-efficient photodetector for security application
- Scientists from Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR) have fabricated an economical and energy-efficient wafer-scale photodetector (thin slice-based).
- This invention was published in the journal Applied Electronic Materials of the American Chemical Society as it provides a simple and cost-effective solution-based fabrication method for…..Click Here to Read More
- Established by the Department of Science and Technology of the Government of India, to mark the birth centenary of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru.
- Founder-CN Rao
CSIR-IGIB and TATA Sons sign MoU for licensing ‘KNOWHOW’ for rapid diagnosis of COVID-19
- An MoU was signed between Council of Scientific and Industrial Research’s (CSIR) constituent lab, Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (CSIR-IGIB) and TATA Sons for licensing of ‘KNOWHOW’ for FNCAS9 Editor Linked Uniform Detection Assay (FELUDA) for rapid diagnosis of Covid19.
- It includes the transfer of the knowledge for scaling up the ‘KNOWHOW’ in the form of a kit that can be deployed for Covid-19 testing on ground …..Click Here to Read More
ABOUT TATA Sons
- Tata sons HQ- Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Key people- Tata family, Ratan Tata, Pallonji Mistry, and Cyrus Mistry
Vande Bharat Mission: India launches the world’s largest repatriation exercise to bring back the stranded people
- India has formally launched the world’s largest repatriation programme ‘Vande Bharat Mission’.
- Under this mission, the government will look into bringing back Indian nationals and those NRIs who want to return to their respective countries where they have…..Click Here to Read More
- Union External Affairs Minister-Subrahmanyam Jaishankar
- Union Home Minister-Amit Shah
Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh approves abolition of 9,304 posts in Military Engineering Service
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh has approved the proposal of Engineer-in-Chief of Military Engineering Services (MES) for optimisation of more than 9,300 posts in the basic and industrial workforce.
- This In line with the recommendations of the Committee of Experts, headed by …..Click Here to Read More
- Chief of Defence Staff- Bipin Rawat
- Chief of Armed Forces-General Manoj Mukund Naravane
- Chief of Air Force Staff-Rakesh Kumar Singh Bhadauria
- Chief of Naval Staff- Admiral Karambir Singh
China successfully launches its most powerful rocket-Long March 5B
- Chinahas launched a new rocket- Long March 5B along with a prototype deep-space spacecraft.
- This will pave the way for the country’s ambitions to operate a permanent space station and sending astronauts to Moon.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE MISSION
- A Long March 5B rocket took off from the Wenchang launch site on the southern island of Hainan.
- Aboard the Long March 5 was a special prototype spacecraft that is somewhat akin to the deep-space Orion capsule NASA has been developing to send people to the Moon and beyond.
- Eight minutes after the launch, the unmanned prototype spacecraft separated successfully ……Click Here to Read More
- China’s Capital-Beijing
- China’s Currency-Renminbi
- China’s President – Xi Jinping
Tarun Bajaj appointed as Director on RBI Central Board
- The government has appointed Economic Affairs Secretary Tarun Bajaj as a director on the central board of Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
- He will succeed Atanu Chakraborty, who retired on April 30…..Click Here to Read More
- The Reserve Bank of India was established on 1st April 1935 under the RBI Act, 1934 on the recommendations of Hilton Young Commission.
- It was nationalized on 1st January 1949 through the RBI (Transfer of Public Ownership) Act, 1948.
- RBI’s HQ– Mumbai
- RBI’s Financial year-June-May.
- RBI Governor– Shaktikanta Das
- Central bank of the country and Financial Market Regulator.
Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury reappointed as chairperson of Parliament’s public Accounts Committee
- Congress leader in Lok Sabha Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury has been reappointed as chairperson of the Parliament’s public accounts committee (PAC).
- He was reappointed the chairman of the committee by Lok Sabha Speaker Om Birla…..Click Here to Read More
IES Officer DPS Negi assumes charge as Director General of Labour Bureau
- Indian Economic Services officer D P S Negi took charge as Director General of Labour Bureau in the Ministry of Labour and Employment.
- He also assumed charge as Senior Labour & Employment Advisor of the ministry.
- This is for the first time that a dual charge has been given to an IES officer, which is a tribute ……Click Here to Read More
Union Minister for Labour and Employment- Shri Santosh Kumar Gangwar
S.B. Nayar appointed as IIFCL’s CMD
- The government appointed S.B. Nayar as chairman and managing director (CMD) of India Infrastructure Finance Co. Ltd(IIFCL).
- IIFCL is a state-owned firm that funds infrastructure projects.
- He will have a term of three years……Click Here to Read More
- Wholly-owned Government of India company
- It provides long term finance to viable infrastructure projects through the Scheme for Financing Viable Infrastructure Projects through a Special Purpose Vehicle called India Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd (IIFCL), broadly referred to as SIFTI.
- A Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) is a legal entity created for a specific purpose.
- Sectors for which it provides funding are transportation, energy, water, sanitation, communication, social and commercial infrastructure.
- Founded- 2006
Saurabh Lodha, IIT-Bombay Professor receives Young Career Award 2020 in Nano Science and Technology
- Professor Saurabh Lodha from Electrical Engineering, IIT Bombay, has received the Young Career Award in Nano Science & Technology for the year 2020.
- It recognises his contributions in the development of logic transistor technologies beyond silicon and nanoelectronic devices based on two-dimensional Van der Waals materials.
- His recent work in the area of advanced transistors has been driven by strong industry partnerships.
- He is an alumnus of IIT Bombay and Purdue University, USA……Click Here to Read More
- It is awarded by the Department of Science and Technology(DST), Government of India.
- DST functions under the he Ministry of Science and Technology in India.
- Union Minister of State for Science and Technology-Dr. Harsh Vardhan
- Nanotechnology is science, engineering, and technology which involves manipulation of matter on an atomic, molecular, and supramolecular scale, basically on the dimension sized from 1 to 100 nanometers
People In News
Rahul Dev: The first Hindu recruit to join Pakistan air force
- Rahul Dev, a Pakistani Hindu youth has become the first person from the minority community to join the Pakistan Air Force.
- He has been recruited as a General Duty Pilot Officer, ……Click Here to Read More
- Pakistan’s Chief of Air Staff-Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Khan
- HQ– Islamabad, Pakistan
- Pakistan’s PM– Imran Khan
- Pakistan’s President-Arif Alvi
Mustafa Al Kadhimi appointed as Iraq’s new Prime Minister
- Mustafa al-Kadhimi has been appointed as the new Iraqi Prime Minister after the Iraqi parliament approved Kadhimi’s government at an emergency session.
- The parliament approved of 15 cabinet ministers and rejected the remaining five.
- He has become Iraq’s first proper Prime Minister after Adel Abdul Mahdi resigned in November 2019 due to massive anti-government protests.
- Two previous nominees for the role of prime minister – Mohammed Tawfiq Allawi and Adnan al-Zurfi – failed to secure enough ……Click Here to Read More
- President-Barham Salih
- Currency– Iraqui Dinar
Current Affairs Today
[table id=15 /]